Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reception Food, Take I

I have decided to start testing out some of the recipes that I will be using for the reception food, mostly because I won't be the only one making food, so I should have recipes for those helping. I tried three of the potential recipes; two survived.

Recipe #1: Cream Cheese Chicken Crescent Bites

(Say that five times fast.)


These turned out delicious, as always. I've made them many times before, but I hadn't written down the actual recipe I use. 


Cream Cheese Chicken Crescent Bites
Ingredients:
12 oz Cream cheese
2 T Butter
14 oz Cooked chicken, cubed
1 T chopped chives, green onion, or parsley
3 t garlic powder
½ t salt
½ t pepper
2 8 oz cans of Crescent dinner rolls (each can should have 8 rolls)
2 T breadcrumbs or crushed croutons

Preparation Directions:
Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper and garlic; mix well.


Separate dough into triangles. Press into un-greased muffin tins, molding the dough into cups. Spoon chicken mixture onto center of each cup. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.


Bake at 350°F. For 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.


Makes 16






Recipe #2: Avocado Deviled Eggs



















Avocado Deviled Eggs


Ingredients: 
6 hard boiled eggs
1 medium avocado, diced small
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
Salt to taste 
Parsley, for garnish 

Preparation Directions: 
Cut boiled eggs in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out yolks. Mash yolks with a fork. Stir in diced avocados, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste. 

Fill egg whites with yolk mixture and place on a serving plate. Garnish each with parsley. 

Makes 12

Recipe #3: Mini Blue Cheese Wedge Salads



I decided that these would be more work than they're worth. I think I'll stick with my Caesar salad instead.

2 comments:

  1. This is really scha-weet!! Are you doing this blog??? Wowza!!! Avocado deviled eggs-- consider garnishing with a very small piece of pimento or roasted red or orange pepper.
    Madre'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I am. Thanks. :) I might be able to do the pepper on some of them, but I know a lot of people that don't like peppers.

      Delete