Friday, February 24, 2012

Reception Music

I'm pretty sure that if I were able to actually plan with Michael more than half an hour to an hour per week, I would take half the time to pull together this wedding. Let me elaborate.

  • I picked out a design for the invitations a couple months ago. I decided a week ago that I didn't really like them. Now I'm finding a new design that I can use with the envelopes and cards that I already have.
  • It took probably twice as long to register as it may have been if it were just the two of us.
  • The guest list needs to be narrowed down. A lot. I can't really do that without him.
  • Deciding on the day took at least month longer than it would've if he were here.
  • Thinking up things for vows and such  is difficult to do if you don't know if you're doing them.
  • I want to go to Universal for a day. I haven't had enough time to talk to him in order to talk him into it yet.
  • We need to order wedding rings soon, especially if we get the ones that we're looking at (customized). 
  • I'm currently picking out music for the reception. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up cutting out a lot of it later once I think about it. Maybe less Disney. Maybe I'll keep most of the Disney and cut out some of the other stuff. Maybe I'll just say heck with it and keep it all there, but put it on shuffle
There are various other things that have made me consider this thought, of course, but I won't go into it. It doesn't really matter. It'll all get done eventually. I just need to do what I can with the time that I do have.

Through all of this, I have found it to be really fun to be quizzed, in a way, on how well I know Michael. While registering, I was asked multiple times how Michael would feel about this or that. I replied what I did believe to be true, based on the vague conversations he and I have had in the past. When I spoke to him later about the subject, he told me pretty much what I had told those who had asked. This has happened on other occasions, as well, such as when I tried on dresses at David's Bridal and the consultant asked me what he liked in a dress. It felt like I was getting A's on my quizzes. =]

I HAVE SO MUCH MORE LEFT TO DO! X.x

No comments:

Post a Comment